Am i pregnant? I am 18 years old and I am on birth control, but i recently had to take antibiotics. I had unprotected sex and my boyfriend ejaculated in my a couple times. My period is expected to in 13 days, but i started bleeding. It started out brown t

Dr. Brian Enggano

In brief: Take a test

It's possible that you may be pregnant.
Some antibiotics can decrease the effectivemess of birth control pills. Plus, birth control while very effective is never 100%. Check a home pregnancy test to confirm. Home pregnancy tests are very accurate and easy to perform. If you don't have access to one, see your doctor and get it done in the office.

In brief: Take a test

It's possible that you may be pregnant.
Dr. Brian Enggano
Dr. Brian Enggano
Dr. William Gluckman
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Many

Many antibiotics decrease the effectiveness of oral contracetives so yes, you could become pregnant if you are not using additional methods for birth controll.
You should have a pregnancy test done.

In brief: Many

You should have a pregnancy test done.
Dr. William Gluckman
Dr. William Gluckman
Dr. Susan Rhoads
That is why you should always remember to tell any doctor treating you that you are on bcp's. Also why you should read any instructions given with any medicine you take The best prevention is knowledge,not only from others but what you can learn by reading yourself. Package inserts and websites that give detailed information about any medicine or supplement you take are there for you to read.
Dr. Jane Van Dis