Can i prevent my age spots from getting any worse? I have recently began seeing age spots worsening on my face and hands. I know that this is due to many years in the sun and i now wear sunscreen every time i will be outside for an extended period of time

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: I

I would recommend you apply a broad spectrum sunscreen with at least spf 30 every day.
In addition, consider using a combination of tretinoin cream with hydroquinone (prescribed by your dermatologist) or a facial system such as obagi which helps blend in discoloration of the skin. Another option would be to have a few of the darker age spots treated lightly with liquid nitrogen which can peel off the surface pigment or consider an intense pulsed light laser treatment. But most important, wear your sunscreen every day!

In brief: I

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Age spots

Probably the best treatment for age spots is ipl.
Make sure you continue with the sunscreen.

In brief: Age spots

Dr. Kenneth Stein
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Board Certified, Anti-Aging Medicine