What type of rash do I have? Hi, i recently had a sore throat, stuffy nose, and then a cough. Then little red bumps started on my wrists, they spread all up until my inner elbow, now they are on my face, chest, and kneck. What could this be?Hi, i recent

Dr. Richard Galitz
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Rash

Some strep and staph infections will cause the combination of throat and red rash problems.
...See a family physician immediately or go to an emergency room.

In brief: Rash

Dr. Richard Galitz
Dr. Richard Galitz
Dr. Kuo-Chian Chang
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: If

If your red bumps are itchy, and the individual bumps last less than 24 hours while new bumps develop on other parts of body, you may have hives.
Hives is known to develop after an upper respiratory viral illness which you likely had. Most hives are mild and self-limited lasting for a few days up to a few weeks. Take over-the-counter zyrtec (cetirizine) 10mg once a day usually helps most patients. Take it until the hives recovers. But if the individual rashes are persistent for days, it is not hives. Look for other diagnosis.

In brief: If

Dr. Kuo-Chian Chang
Dr. Kuo-Chian Chang