Is it normal for your menstrual cycle to last longer then ten day ? I am 46 the normnal seven days I am heavy but the next few day it is light had tube tie when i was 36

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: In

In the perimenopausal period, heavy bleeding can occur. If your periods are heavy, if they continue to last longer, or if you have any pain or clots please have an evaluation by your gynecologist.
They can check your uterus to be sure you don't have fibroids causing your symptoms. Also please be sure that your pap smear is up to date.

In brief: In

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Jane Van Dis