Do i need to get my arm x-rayed? I was in a car wreck two months ago and i had a rather deep laceration on my arm. It was cut to the tendons and bone, but nothing is broken. The cut is now healed and its a scar that looks like a red abrasion. My arm is st

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Have it evaluated

Any deep injury that is down to bone has a potential to infect the bone.
Have an x-ray taken to evaluate the underlying bone. Have it properly evaluated to avoid preventable complications.

In brief: Have it evaluated

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care

In brief: Accident

You should be examined by an orthopedic surgeon, physical therapist, or interested clinician that concentrates on the upper extremity for a complete examination of the muscular and neurological function.
The clinician can make the decision for further imaging at that point.

In brief: Accident

Dr. Kenneth Stein
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Arm trauma

If everything is functioning adequately then there is no need to get an x-ray.

In brief: Arm trauma

Dr. Francisco Schwartz-Fernandes
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: You

You may need one, but ideally you should go see a hand surgeon.
Deep lacerations affecting the muscles and tendons may need surgery or at leat an evaluation, so you can be sure that no further damage happened.

In brief: You

Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care