Can I have nose surgery to correct my deviated septum and reshape my nostrils in one procedure? I get frequent sinus infections due to a deviated septum. I also dislike how my large nostrils look. I'd like to have both problems fixed, but i don't want hav

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: You

You can certainly have a septoplasty and rhinoplasty at the same time to address both of your issues.
This is very commonly done, in fact. There aren't really any drawbacks to combining the procedures and most patients prefer having one recovery period. In addition to straightening your septum, you may want to see if sinus surgery would also help with your recurrent sinus infections.

In brief: You

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Jeffrey Israel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: There

There are no real drawbacks to having two different nasal procedures done at the same time.
The septal surgery to improve breathing and hopefully improve your sinus problems should be covered by medical insurance. Sometimes a rhinoplasty to straighten the nose is covered as well if there has been trauma involved. What may not be covered by insurance, and this is a question to ask your surgeon, is the change in nostril size. This is usally seen as a cosmetic procedure.

In brief: There

Dr. Jeffrey Israel
Dr. Jeffrey Israel
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine