I have genital warts will my baby get them too? I have genital warts and had my baby with them on me, will my baby get them too?

In brief: Rare but possible

Genital warts can pass to infants of infected mothers.
They may hide & show up within 2 years on genitals or the infants vocal cords. This is more likely in a primary breakout if it is active at delivery. Some chose to do a scheduled C-section to avoid the risk but the practice is controversial.

In brief: Rare but possible

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Probably not

It is possible to transmit hpv to a baby during delivery, but that is uncommon.
When it does happen it usually shows up when the child id an adolescent and presents as laryngeal warts. That is very treatable.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: I

I am a little unclear about your question.
If you are saying that you had genital warts while the baby was delivered (vaginal), then yes your baby is at risk of having contracted the virus that causes genital warts (hpv), however this risk is low. Rarely infants born to women with genital warts develop warts in their throats (laryngeal papillomatosis). Your baby's pediatrician will be able to tell you if he/she has found any such lesions. Be sure to inform them that genital warts were present during the delivery. The odds are on your side that your baby will be just fine. Good luck to the both of you.

In brief: I

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Shontae Buffington