My wife had surgery over a week ago and is very constipated, gave her a fleets but with no success she is trying to pick it out with rubber glove on, what should we do?

She. She can start taking a stool softener (colace is over the counter). This can be taken every night with a full glass of water. In one to two days the stool should soften, and the enema can be tried again. Also milk of magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) works really well for constipation. Please note if your wife has crampy abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, inability to pass gas, or fever, then the constipation may be a sign of a more serious problem, and she should be evaluated urgently.
Hydration. Drink lots of fluid if possible. Take a stool softener. Without knowing why, I would not suggest something like mirilax.