Having sharp pain in neck with pain in shoulder what can this be? For the past 3wks I have been have a crook in my neck causing sharp pains. It is hard to turn neck at times. The pain sometimes cause throbbing in head neck base down my left shoulder. I ha

Neck pain. These symptoms could be caused by muscle spasm leading to nerve entrapment causing the pain in your neck and shoulder. However these could also be caused by vertebral displacement in which case surgery may be the cure. My suggestion is see your physician and have him get an MRI of your neck scheduled to rule out any surgical need.
You . You need to see a doctor based on the persistence of symptoms and the degree of pain. I personally like to use a cervical traction device which works really well. The most important thing is to establish the correct diagnosis in order to target care.