Am I protected against pregnancy still? I missed one of my first birthcontrol pills for the month, and didn't take it, and continued with my other pills after that, the birthcontrol is ortho tri cyclen lo, and it was one of the first white pills.

If . If you miss one of the first 1 or 2 pills in the pack, you should take the missed pill as soon as you remember and then continue taking your pills as usual (this may mean taking 2 pills in one day which is ok). A back-up method of contraception such as a condom is recommended during the next seven days after the missed pill. Missing one of the first pills in the month can put you at risk for pregnancy because being "off" the hormones for more than 7 days can cause you to ovulate. If you think you might be pregnant, contact you doctor. Below, i've added a helpful link outlining lots of information about the pill and what to do if you miss one.
Any . Any time you miss a birth control pill, your risk of pregnancy is increased. The usual instructions when you miss an active pill are to take both the missed pill and the regularly scheduled pill (2 pills) the following day. If you miss 2 active pills in a row, take 2 pills per day for 2 days before resuming your usual schedule, and use a backup form of birth control for 7 days. If you didn't have sex for at least 7 days after your missed dose, it's unlikely you're pregnant. If you had unprotected sex during the week following your missed dose, call your doctor for advice. (he/she may want you to perform a pregnancy test, either at home or at the clinic, to determine if you are pregnant). Good luck!