Why is my nipple now inverted, it wasn't that way before breast reduction surgery?

Most likely scarring. Nipple inversion after breast surgery is usually due to scarring which retracts and leads to inversion. With breast reduction, this can also be caused by fat necrosis. The correction involves releasing tethering fibers or shortened ducts. As always, i also recommend regular breast exams as inversion may also be caused by malignancy, but post-operative inversion is almost always due scarring.
Scarring. Scarring causing traction on the nipple ducts and subsequent inversion or retraction of the nipple is most likely responsible. As the scar matures this may relax.
Scarring. Nipple inversion occurs sometimes after breast reduction or breast lift surgery. It is likely a result of scarring that has taken place as you healed. If a year has passed since your surgery, it is very possible to perform a minor procedure to release the scar tissue and correct the inversion.
Not uncommon. Nipples can definitely change after breast reduction surgery. Often the nipple needs to be repositioned for a more youthful appearance. Flat nipples can become inverted. Protruberant nipples can lose their height. See your doctor and discuss whether something can be done to revise this.
Loss of volume. In addition to scarring, sometimes there is not enough support of the breast tissue (bottoming out) or not enough volume left in the right places. Newer techniques that leave nipple attached to tissue in the upper or medial side of the breast tend to have this less often.