Would facial scar revision remove scars caused by acne? I have many scars on my face caused by the bad acne i had when i was a teenager. I would love to be able to have this fixed. Is facial scar revision a procedure that could help me, or is another proc

Dr. Daniel Downey
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Acne scar revision

Hello, sight unseen it is difficult to describe the options best for managing your specific condition.
There are some therapies to revise scars that involve surgically removing them and closing the less scarred adjacent skin although this only is useful when there are a few relatively deep scars with good adjacent skin.

In brief: Acne scar revision

Dr. Daniel Downey
Dr. Daniel Downey
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: There

There are several ways to improve acne scars.
Small punch excisions of "ice-pick" scars can be helpful but it does leave a tiny mark at the site of each removal. For more shallow scars, chemical peels, dermabrasion, or laser resurfacing can work well. It is hard to make scarring go away completely, but most of these methods can improve your scarring. I would recommend that you go to a dermatologist to determine which method or combination of methods would be best for you.

In brief: There

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward
Dr. Jonathan Jassey