What's the difference between breast lift and breast augmentation?

Breast Lift vs Aug. A breast lift removes skin and raises the nipple to lift the breast to a new position while a breast augmentation enlarges the breast. A lift can sometimes appear as though the breast has been slightly augmented and an augmentation can sometimes cause a slight lift. Best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all of the options available.
LOTS!! Breast augmentation uses implants to increase breast size. Frequently as a result of filling up excess skin with implants the breasts are lifted. A breast lift is more complicated and involves rearranging breast tissue to lift the nipple and reshape the breast, with or without an implant.
Big difference! Mastopexies are used to restore ptotic or saggy breasts. The breast tissue is reshaped and then the excess skin is removed and redraped around the new breast mound. There is more visible scarring in these procedures compared to an augmentation. Enhancement uses an implant to add size and volume to a smaler breast. It is accomplished through very salk incisions compared to a lift. An impant can b.
Significant. Breast augmentation aims to simply enlarge the breast. The goal of a breast lift is to reposition the breast and nipple to an appropriate level on the chest wall presumably because these structures have transposed downward over time.
Yes. A lift, or mastopexy uses only surgery. Augmentation uses only implants or your own fat. Sometimes the two procedures are combined especially in women who've had children or weight loss.
Size versus Position. A breast augmentation is designed to increase the volume of the breast. A breast lift improves the nipple position and shape and removes loose skin. They are often combined.
Size and Position. A breast lift generally will maintain the same volume but rearrange the breast tissue and reposition the nipple to appear more "perky". Breasts do not change in size but may appear smaller. Breasts that have been augmented are strictly larger in size only. A lfit alone is shown on the left.