What type of doctor do I need to see? I've had a total gastrectomy r/t a rare cancer and i've developed many new symptoms over the last year. I've consulted my primary care doctor, my oncologist, my GI specialist, a rheumatologist and despite my obvious

Dr. Robert Dorsey
Wound care

In brief: Your surgeon

Set up an appointment with the surgeon who did your surgery.

In brief: Your surgeon

Dr. Robert Dorsey
Dr. Robert Dorsey
2 comments
Dr. Randy Stevens
If it was a year ago you can return to the surgeon.
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Your primary doctor should refer you to the specialists you need. It sounds like you have already seen many appropriate doctors. What have they instructed you to do?
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Always

Always keep in touch with your primary care physician.
It is very good that you have decided to see a medical toxicologist. Without knowledge of your symptoms, it is difficult to make a recommendation, however i would highly recommend seeing a physician at an academic, research based medical center. Many of the university based hospitals are academic and research based. Best of luck.

In brief: Always

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery