What I can take to relive these sharp pains having had a period in 6 months. Then monday a wk. Ago started with heavy bleeding and cramps that hurt so bad and cramps started 2 days ago. I need relieve. 49 yrs old

To . To not have a period in six months and then to start re-bleeding with so much pain and cramping is abnormal. Women can get irregular periods when they are perimenopausal, but your symptoms sound severe. You need to have a medical evaluation including a complete pelvic exam, pap smear, blood testing and possibly an ultrasound. Please have an immediate medical evaluation.