What is the most common size women go to when getting breast reduction?

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Difficult to Say
Most plastic surgeons do not operate on breasts in terms of cup size.
This is mostly because bra sizes are very much not standardized from one manufacturer or brand to another.

In brief: Difficult to Say
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Typically a C
Most women end up being around a c cup in my experience but lack of standardization of the breast cup sizing system and the use of "vanity sizing" make this a very frustrating experience and I have has women tell me they have been given 3 different bra sizes by various clothing stores!

In brief: Typically a C
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Usually C
Most women prefer to end up as a "c" cup.
This can vary and is not always possible.

In brief: Usually C
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Varies greatly
Some people are reducing down to a c cup, while others are going down to a b cup.
I have removed greater than 1000 cc of breast tissue and as little as a few hundred cc . However, in order for your insurance to cover a breast reduction, most require removal of at least 500cc of breast tissue from each breast.

In brief: Varies greatly
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Bauback Safa
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Highly variable
Cup size is related to/a function of chest circumference so there is no "common cup size" post-operatively across all patients.
Most patients i've seen want to be "a b cup" but in reality, most surgeons reduce the breasts as much as is safe without jeopardizing nipple/areolar viability...While still appropriate for the patient's overall body habitus.

In brief: Highly variable
Dr. Bauback Safa
Dr. Bauback Safa
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery