I just had 2 moles removed from my back to be biopsied and was given white petoleum and bandaids and told to wash with soap and water twice a day until a scab forms.How will a scab form if you are keeping the wound moist?

Dr. Coyle Connolly
Dermatology

In brief: Scab

Your right a scab is golng to not be as thick compared to not using the ointment .
The healing is from under and from the sides of the wound. It will more quickly if you continue to keep the area moist with ointment as your doctor had directed.

In brief: Scab

Dr. Coyle Connolly
Dr. Coyle Connolly
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: A

A think scab will still form even if you are putting petrolatum on the wound.
Just be gentle with the wound and don't get it irritated/rubbed and it should slowly develop a thin scab. The back usually takes a bit longer to heal compared to the face.

In brief: A

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward