I started having a sharp pain in my chest very few minutes or so for the last 3 days.It happens at all times of day and night. I thought it might be acid reflux but i don't have any of the symphtons they list for that. The pain is in the center of my ches

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Chest

Chest pain should never be ignored.
It is crucial that you seek emergency medical attention to determine if you are suffering a heart attack, especially if use of otc antacids are not relieving your pain. While chest pain can be attributed to indigestion, it is so important to go to the emergency room to have your cardiac status and labs assessed. Heart attacks are caused by a blockage in the heart that cuts off vital circulation to certain parts of the heart, causing tissue injury and chest pain is a sign of injury - this can be fatal! if you are experience severe chest pain or pressure, call 911, do not drive.

In brief: Chest

Chest pain should never be ignored.
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Vikram Patel