Bowel movement question my bowel movement is green, all green and lately I have been suffering with a lot of gas. What could be going on with me and how can I get my bowel movement regular color. Is this a danger to my body?

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Green

Green stool can be caused by food coloring, green food, or also can be caused by food moving too quickly through the digestive tract.
If your diet is high in fatty foods, it can move quickly through your digestion, and the bile salts don't have time to turn it brown. Also if you have a bowel infection it can cause the stool to move through quickly. Be sure you are eating a balanced diet with different types of food, and a low fat diet. If you develop diarrhea, vomiting, or fever, then please be medically evaluated.

In brief: Green

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Adam Smith