What diseases cause hand paresthesia and swelling (in the MS mimic) catagory? I've been having a lot of symptoms that are classic MS symptoms but have not been diagnosed. My brain MRI without contrast was normal. One neurologist sd it was anxiety and to s

Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology

In brief: Some of the options

Cervical radiculopathy, transverse myelopathy, ulnar / radial / median nerve impingement (incl carpal tunnel syndome), brachial plexopathy, peripheral neuropathy (there are many causes), and vascular disorders, such as calciphylaxis.
I agree that carpal tunnel syndrome is #1 - and should be a place to start. A normal brain MRI does help put MS aside.

In brief: Some of the options

Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Gary Pess
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Cts

Carpal tunnel syndrome is number one on the list.

In brief: Cts

Dr. Gary Pess
Dr. Gary Pess
Dr. Frances Dyro
Neurology

In brief: We

We sometimes see hand numbness and swelling with compression of the nerves as they come down through the shoulder under the pectoralis muscle.
If the mri's are normal ms is not a consideration.If the ncv shows no nerve slowing at the wrist ask your doctor to feel for tight knots in the pectoralis minor muscle or just above the collar bone. This is treated with stretching exercises and is often seen with poor posture. It is most common in women with large breasts and in people who spend the day hunched over a computer keyboard.

In brief: We

Dr. Frances Dyro
Dr. Frances Dyro
Dr. Jonathan Jassey