What should I do about the numbness and tingling in leg? I hurt my back moving this weekend. Since monday I have had constant numbness and tingling in my right leg, from the top of my leg down to my knee, from the top of my thigh to the outside of my leg

Prob. Pinched neeve. This is a common scenario in back injury. Herniated lumbar disc may have occurred.
The. The numbness and tingling you are experiencing in your leg after a back injury could indeed be nerve damage or compression from a herniated disc. The good news is that most people recover with non-surgical treatment, though it can take a very long time. Treatments typically include: - rest - bed rest is not recommended after 1-2 days, but avoiding activities such as lifting for the first week after injury can be helpful. - ice and heat - ice in the first 2-3 days can help decrease swelling. Heat after that can increase blood flow and mobility to the area - anti-inflammatory medications such as alieve (naproxen) or Motrin (ibuprofen) not only provide pain relief, but help with swelling in the area - physical therapy and exercise - probably one of the most effective ways of treating back pain I've added a helpful link to a website written by the national institute for health that gives more in-depth information on back injury. If your symptoms are not improving after 72 hours of treatment at home, or if you have worsening numbness, tingling, muscle weakness, loss of bladder or bowel control, contact your doctor immediately.