I have postpartum cardiomyopathy. Is this a good report? A 24-hour holter monitor report read that i had: total qrs complexes - 81676 ventricular ectopics - 241 supraventricular ectopics - 178 heart rate: min. 42 max. 197 avg. 66 rate >=120 for 4:17 rat

Dr. Pasala Ravichandran
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Treatment

Post partum cardiomyopathy needs treatment.
You need regular follow up till your heart is better. Another pregnancy may not be advisable either.

In brief: Treatment

Dr. Pasala Ravichandran
Dr. Pasala Ravichandran
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Peripartum

Peripartum cardiomyopathy is progressive damage to the heart muscle cells during the last month of pregnancy lasting until 5 months after delivery.
The cause is unknown and damage can lead to heart failure. The good news is with early diagnosis and current heart failure treatment regimens, 98% of women survive and more than 50% of them regain completely normal heart function. As far as your holter monitor reading goes, i can't really say whether it is a "good" reading or not since I do not have information about previous studies, your echocardiogram, ekg, or clinical picture. The best person to contact with specific questions about your condition and prognosis is your ob/gyne or cardiologist. They will be able to more accurately answer your questions since they have all of your information.

In brief: Peripartum

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine