I have had bad breath since i was 10 years old, its chronic how do I stopthis? I have had this problem forever, I am extremely depressed by it, I do not have a social life. I am 21 years old and have never had a boyfriend because I am mortified of speakin

Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry

In brief: #1See your Dentist

Your dentist needs to do a thorough set of examinations to determine where the problem originates from. It may be years of plaque and tartar buildup or you may need to brush your tongue or use a tongue scraper. If your dentist determines that your problem is not of dental origin, they may refer you to a physician (internist or otolaryngologist) for evaluation and treatment.

In brief: #1See your Dentist

Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: It

It is really important that you talk to your doctor and your dentist to come up with a treatment regimen.
Many times, people are their own worst critics of the smell of their breath and it is not always an accurate assessment. It sounds like you have taken the proper steps to oral hygiene in maintaining good dental health, brushing your teeth and tongue regularly, using mouth wash and getting dental exams. Do consider your diet and choose fresh and healthy foods that are easy to digest. This is because bad breath can sometimes originate in the stomach or GI tract. Also - it is very important to let your doctor know about how you are feeling, in regards to your feelings of depression. This really needs to be addressed. Your doctor can recommend a treatment regimen for your health and to help with your feelings of depression.

In brief: It

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Cindy Juster