I had sex with a girl unprotected and got signs of chlamydia within a week could it be possible she gave it to me? Doctor told me i had chlamydia and prescribed me azithromycin 500mg take 2 tablets once

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Likely

If she was your only sexual contact then she probably was the source of your chlamydia.
That is the way it happens.

In brief: Likely

That is the way it happens.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: When

When a person is exposed to chlamydia, symptoms typically begin to present 1 to 3 weeks following exposure.
It is possible this partner gave it to you, however, it is also possible that a partner within 3 weeks could have passed it to you. It will be crucial for you to let your sexual partners know if you believe they may have been infected. Do the right thing and let them know to prevent further spread of the std and also because a chlamydia infection that goes untreated can have terrible effects on the reproductive organs.

In brief: When

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Shontae Buffington