I've been having this sharp pain in my chest for the past 2 days, also when i breath, and mucles are sore? What could it be? Hurts when i breath, feel light headed

Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Costochondritis

This is a pleural type pain that is likely costochondritis.
I would take Motrin 600 to 800 mg three times a day for the next week. If your shortness of breath gets worse, get a chest x ray to rule out a pneumonia. The costochondritis is an inflammation of the rib after an upper respiratory infection. It should resolve in a week or so.

In brief: Costochondritis

Dr. Robert Stachler
Dr. Robert Stachler
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Chest

Chest pain should never be ignored.
The pain in your chest, difficulty breathing and light headedness can be related to cardiac injury and could be a sign of a heart attack. You should call 911. Do not drive. Note: it is also possible that your chest pain could be related to a lung/respiratory infection. You are experiencing muscle pain because your body is exerting itself to compensate for your shortness of breath. Call 911.

In brief: Chest

Chest pain should never be ignored.
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge