Are these normal complications with a broken foot? So i was put into a boot about 5 weeks ago and my foot still really hurts, i broke my 5th metacarpal and my foot is still bruised and when my foot is out of the boot it turns inward and my shin is startin

In brief: SLOW HEALING

These are notorious for slow healing, and have a high rate of nonunion and complications.
Early, and aggressive care is usually required to deal with these. Weightbearing on any fifth metatarsal fracture is risky. Make sure you're being followed by x-rays to track healing.

In brief: SLOW HEALING

Dr. Stewart Jones
Dr. Stewart Jones
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Pain is common

Pain is normal up to several weeks or months after an injury.
Usually with immobilization pain should be somewhat controlled. Rest and elevation will keep the swelling and pain at a minimum and possibly improve your symptoms.

In brief: Pain is common

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Something

Something is not right.
Have some follow up x rays. The fracture may not be healing normally. If the fracture is good look into the peroneal tendons.

In brief: Something

Something is not right.
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine