My left eye is extremely blurry. I tried using eye drops to clear any debris, and looked to see if i can see anything. Any idea this happened sometime within the last two hours. I do wear contacts and as i was putting one in it felt abnormally painful.

Dr. Ajay Gupta
Ophthalmology

In brief: Pain

Pain when inserting a contact lens and blurry vision are concerning signs.
Your symptoms suggest you may have an eye infection (corneal ulcer) for which you are at increased risk as a contact lens wearer. Certainly there are other possibilities such as corneal inflammation, but a corneal ulcer must be excluded and, if present, treated immediately. I recommend you call your eye doctor or proceed to the nearest er immediately for an evaluation.

In brief: Pain

Dr. Ajay Gupta
Dr. Ajay Gupta
Dr. Mark Golden
Ophthalmology

In brief: Anyone

Anyone with pain in their eye who wears contact lenses should be seen that day by their eye doctor. The risk for severe infection is significant and infections can lead to perforation of the eye in less than 24 hours.

In brief: Anyone

Dr. Mark Golden
Dr. Mark Golden
Dr. Peter Kurzweil