My husband has complained of his skin crawling every night, what could eb the problem? He says it starts either in his back or legs.

The . The sensation of 'skin crawling' can be attributed to a few possible factors: 1. Reaction to a medication he is taking - note if he has started taking any new medication 2. Onset of restless leg syndrome - this condition typically presents at night and is manifested by frequent movement of lower extremities while sleeping. Friction from constant movement can cause the sensation. This condition can be treated with medication, see your doctor. 3. Anxiety or stress - see your doctor as this can be a reaction from panic/anxiety or stress. Note if he has undergone additional pressure or stress at home or work. In either case, it is a good idea to keep your doctor aprised of this symptom to determine what the causing factor is.