Can i stop the pain and thumping from nerve damage that occured from a car accident ? Head on collision, broken leg and ankle.

Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology

In brief: Pain control

Are you certain the cause of pain is nerve damage? Pain and thumping suggest an injury to muscle, joint or bone.
Sometimes when nerves are injured they cause a feeling of burning, shocking or tingling. The pain of these two conditions is treated differently. Many pain medicines help with orthopedic injuries, gabapentin and amitriptyline sometimes help nerve pain.

In brief: Pain control

Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry

In brief: See your dentist

You will need to see a dentist to decide if you need root canal treatment to stop the pain, the teeth or the bone could be cracked inside the jaw where you can not see them, and the nerve damaged, in addition you could have a whiplash as well causing your ear thumping.
You should be under pain killer and ant inflammatory meds for your broken leg and ankle and it should help with your teeth.

In brief: See your dentist

Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dr. Robert Mokbel
2 comments
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Who said ear thumping? Who said tooth pain? Was there another part of this question I missed?
Dr. Robert Mokbel
I assumed the pt asked bout pain in her jaw in addition to her other issues I got this question linked to my subscription under teeth.:(
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: I

I truly hope you are under the care of a physician for this problem, when i say under care, i mean have routine follow up visits.
If you are in pain, especially nerve pain this should be brought to the attention of your doctor, orthopedist to be exact (bone doctor). There are many pain medications that can help alleviate your pain, as well as medications that are specifically designed to relieve nerve pain. Regardless, you will need a prescription from your doctor. If you can't get in to see your doctor, you can go to an urgent care for help. Good luck.

In brief: I

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery