What hormones are needed to produce breast enlargement in males? Trans-gendered male wanting femine breasts; am type 1 diabetic; other wise healthy.

A . A doctor called an endocrinologist (hormone specialist) will be able to help you with this issue. The hormone estrogen is used for this purpose. Estrogen is given to the patient desiring female breasts to bring their level of estrogen to that of a woman. Please know that this treatment can cause serious health problems, such as tumors, heart attacks and blood clots, therefore an experienced doctor needs to be the one supervising this treatment. Good luck.