Why do I get bumps under my arms after using deodorant? I get 1 or 2 large bumps underneath my arm after using deodorant of any kind. It hurts and it usually itches. And i kind of want to know why i get these bumps and what they are? Please help?

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: There

There is a possibilty these bumps are not due to deodorant, especially if they are only on one side.
You may be dealing with sebaceous cysts or even an enlargment of lymph nodes. On the other hand you may have microscopic cuts under your arm from shaving, deodarant can then get into these cuts an cause an allergic reaction, which may cause the bumps and itching. I recommend making an appointment with your primary car provider or a dermatologist if possible for evaluation and treatment. In the meantime you may want to discontinue all deodorant and use aloe vera on the affected area; also baby powder can be used for perspiration. Good luck.

In brief: There

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson