What are the chances of co2 laser skin smoothing procedure worsening rosacea symptoms? My rosacea started about 10 years ago, when i was 18. I have tried various treatments including medication and ipl to keep the skin redness and the facial pimples under

Dr. Kenneth Stein
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Rosacea

Ipl is normally quite effective but you may need something more powerful.
A combination laser of pulsed dye and nd/yag could be the solution.

In brief: Rosacea

Dr. Kenneth Stein
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Dr. Gustavo Diaz
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Any

Any type of resurfacing may cause worsening of rosacea symptoms.
The important factor is to try to maintain the rosacea well treated before the resurfacing treatment. In my experience the rosacea flair up is only temporary and it subsides with time and treatments, but it still may cause problems for a long period of time. There is no way of avoiding this complication since it might happen, the only thing you can do is to try to keep it under control before and after the procedure. In my past experience i sometimes team up with a dermatologist that will help keep the rosacea component the most under control that is possible during the immediate time after the resurfacing.

In brief: Any

Dr. Gustavo Diaz
Dr. Gustavo Diaz
Dr. Cindy Juster