What are the chances of co2 laser skin smoothing procedure worsening rosacea symptoms? My rosacea started about 10 years ago, when I was 18. I have tried various treatments including medication and ipl to keep the skin redness and the facial pimples under

Rosacea. Ipl is normally quite effective but you may need something more powerful. A combination laser of pulsed dye and nd/yag could be the solution.
Any . Any type of resurfacing may cause worsening of rosacea symptoms. The important factor is to try to maintain the rosacea well treated before the resurfacing treatment. In my experience the rosacea flair up is only temporary and it subsides with time and treatments, but it still may cause problems for a long period of time. There is no way of avoiding this complication since it might happen, the only thing you can do is to try to keep it under control before and after the procedure. In my past experience i sometimes team up with a dermatologist that will help keep the rosacea component the most under control that is possible during the immediate time after the resurfacing.