I went 5 months without a period, could I have done any damage? I never got cramps before, now i get one at the start of my periods. I was anorexic a couple of years ago.

Dr. Ricardo Fontillas
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: No damage done

You may want to try a vegetarian diet with lots of fruits to correct the imbalance when you were anorexic.

In brief: No damage done

Dr. Ricardo Fontillas
Dr. Ricardo Fontillas
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: It

It is unlikely that not having your period will have any damage.
The most important thing is to continue to eat a healthy diet sot hat your body can replenish itself and keep on a regular cycle. If you have new symptoms or continue missing periods, then please seek a medical evaluation.

In brief: It

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Jane Van Dis