What to do if grandchild need flu shot to stay in school but is already sick? My grandchild need flu shot by the end of this month to stay in school but he is already sick what can I do time is running out. Didnt know he had to have one until after he was

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: It

It depends on how sick your grandchild is.
Most people with mild illnesses are perfectly able to get the flu shot. You should call your grandchild's doctor to see what their office policy is on immunization and illness. If they do not feel comfortable giving him the vaccine with his current illness, i'm sure that they would be happy to write a note to the school in that effect and then give him the immunization when he is well.

In brief: It

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Marsha Davis