Between the bottom of my foot and my ankle, it is very sore. What could be wrong? I just got new skates and they have been tight in that area. They havn't hurt this bad so i don't understand what's wrong.

Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: There

There are several possibilities in this case.
Heel pain per se could be plantar fasciitis. Pain on the back side of the foot could be some achilles tendinitis. Based on the description of pain with skates i believe that ill fitting skates are causing an achilles tendinitis. Some individuals have bony prominences in the area called haglud deformity that could put added pressure to the area. Try another sport!

In brief: There

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg

In brief: Achilles Tendonitis

You have traumatized the achilles tendon.

In brief: Achilles Tendonitis

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Jack Hinkle