What is wrong with my knee? I fell on my knee a week and a half ago. It was difficult to walk. There is a deep cut, bruising, and swelling that has gone down since the fall. A week later i can walk, but it still hurts when i bend my knee completely. It

Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Did

Did you have the penetrating wound to your knee address to see if it got to the joint? Where any x-rays taken? You don't give enough information for a clear answer.

In brief: Did

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Kneecap joint.

You may have bruised the kneecap joint, which can take 6-8 weeks to clear up.
You should see a non-surgical sports medicine specialist, who can make an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.

In brief: Kneecap joint.

Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr