My 3 year old daughter swallowed a penny 2 days ago. Now she has a fever and an occasion cough, is it related? Er again? We went to the ER and the xray indicated that the penny was already in her stomach or small intestine. They said it would pass in a

Maybe indirectly. She could have contracted cold or flu from her visit to the er. But, to be safe, i would want to be absolutely sure the penny is not in the lung and causing pneumonia. May need additional x-rays.
If . If she has a fever and has a cough then she should be evaluated. If the penny was already in the stomach the it is unlikely to be a problem and will most likely pass, but if she has fever, pain, or vomiting then she will need a medical evaluation.