Can cheek implants fix my fat cheeks? I recently lost seventy pounds and now look and feel great. I have noticed that my cheeks are still chubby, a problem that I have had my whole life. When i was overweight, they did not bother me, but now i want my che

Dr. Tal Dagan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Cheek

Cheek implants do not reduce the size of the cheek, if anything they enhance the appearance.
Depending on the location and distribution of fat in your cheek, there are different procedures in which one may remove the excess fat in order to sculpt and contour the ceek to your desired appearance. One of the procedures used to sculpt and shape the cheek can be by liposuctino of the surface of the cheek if the fat is distributed closer to the ear or over the face. This procedure may be performed under local anesthetic and has only few days of downtime. Aternatively if the lower cheek is involved buccal fat removal is a possibility where we make an incision on the inside of the mouth and remove the appropriate amount of fat without any scars.

In brief: Cheek

Dr. Tal Dagan
Dr. Tal Dagan
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: I

I wouldn't expect a cheek implant to make your cheeks look thinner, though this may depend on what actual part of you face you are referring to.
Cheek implants accentuate your cheekbones so would be a good option if this area is under-developed. You may be helped by improving the facial volume loss you experienced to the rest of your face. This would involve a procedure such as facial fat grafting or fat transfer. This process involves using your own fat (from another part of your body) and then grafting it into your face where you've lost excess volume.

In brief: I

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Marsha Davis