I am on welbutrin sr 100mg. 2x's a day, have bad headaches & now broken vessles in one eye! also on BP meds.Help! I am at least 140 pds over wieght and am on methadone through a program, what should I do now?!quit the welbutrin? See my dr.? Or go to t

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: My

My main concern with your headaches and broken blood vessels is that your blood pressure may be dangerously high.
This would be a good reason to either call your doctor for advice or to go to the er to be checked. Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to serious, life-threatening conditions such as heart attack and stroke. This needs to be ruled out first before considering other causes of your symptoms.

In brief: My

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: See your doctor

Subconjunctival hemorrhages in the eyes are usually benign, but if you are having severe headache and a history of hypertension, you should seek medical attention asap.
Wellbutrin (bupropion) is somewhat stimulating and can itself raise blood pressure. It does not have any interactions with methadone; however, Methadone itself is associated with weight gain, and a reduction in dose should be discussed.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Vikram Patel