Have a sore lump in my groin, is this serious . I am a 39 year old male

Dr.

In brief: See doctor

Most likely it's an inflamed gland ( lymph node ) .
They are very common in neck region but not so common in groin unless some infection or inflammation is going on . Some times glands can be up due to sinister causes too . Please consult your doctor.

In brief: See doctor

Dr.
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: That

That is something that needs to be checked.
We have lymph nodes in our groin (just like the nodes that enlarge in your neck when you have a sore throat). Usually it is caused by infection but other diagnosis are possible. Please make an appointment with your doctor to have this evaluated. If you have increased swelling, increased pain, fever, or feel "flu like", then you would need to be evaluated immediately.

In brief: That

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Vicken Poochikian