I'm 6 weeks pregnant and wondering if I have a threatened miscarriage. I've been spotting with some clots, it only happens in the morning and at night. It's happend for 2 days straight now. I went to the ER last night and they gave me a ultrasound, a bloo

Dr. Eric Stein
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: It's possible

A miscarriage can be heralded by vaginal bleeding, although the spotting may go away and the baby may develop normally.
If spotting continues, your doctor will want to check another ultrasound and possibly repeat the blood test (serum hcg) to confirm that the pregnancy is still viable (living) and the HCG numbers are going in the right direction. Notify your doctor if you develop cramping pain.

In brief: It's possible

Dr. Eric Stein
Dr. Eric Stein
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Sometimes

Sometimes women can have bleeding during the first trimester of pregnancy due to "implantation bleeding", when the baby is implanting in the uterus.
It sounds like you are having more bleeding than is typical. While it is re-assuring that the initial testing was normal, a threatened miscarriage is still a possibility. The best plan would be to contact your doctor and tell about your worsening symptoms, and arrange another ultrasound for a recheck of the baby.

In brief: Sometimes

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Jane Van Dis