Heavy vaginal bleeding on and off for 3 months I have had heavy vaginal bleeding on and off for 3 months now. Bleeding will last 2 days to 2 weeks with dry spots of no more than a week inbetween. I'm urinating frequantly, tired and moody and I am having ab

Gynecologist. You need to make an urgent appointment with a gynecologist. This is not normal.
You. You need a complete gynecological evaluation. There are a variety of diagnoses that could cause these symptoms. "dysfunctional uterine bleeding", is a possibility that can be caused by fluctuations in hormones. Fibroids, which are noncancerous growths in the uterus can cause heavy bleeding. Be sure that your pap smears are up to date. As you are also having severe pain, then you need a complete gynecological evaluation. If you have greater than 3 pads in an hour, if you feel light headed or faint, or if you have worsening of your pain then you must be seen as an emergency.