What could be the reason for nausea, head ache and early morning vomiting? Hello doctor, my husband and i are trying to conceive from one year. Recently my obg put me on metformin er500 mg( 2 weeks). I had very light period(little heavier than spotting)

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: As

As you are trying to conceive please get re-tested for pregnancy, and have a medical evaluation for your symptoms.
It is possible that you are having side-effects from metformin also as this affects your blood sugar so that should be tested. If your husband is having any nausea, headache, or vomiting, then have your house tested for carbon monoxide, that is rare but a concern if more than one person has symptoms. Yes, there are medications that are safe to take for nausea during pregnancy, such as zofran (ondansetron).

In brief: As

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham