Why is only the left side of my throat hurting this morning i woke up with only the left side of my throat hurting i called my doctor and yet again like he always tells me he said its nothing but i don't believe it I am only 21 years old and having these

Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Post nasal drip

Do you sleep on your left side? Your throat will hurt on the side that you sleep on when you have allergic post nasal drip while you are sleeping.
Try to use an antihistimine or get your doctor to write a prescription for Flonase nasal spray. This will reduce your post nasal drip and your throat will feel better in a couple of days. Good luck and feel better.

In brief: Post nasal drip

Dr. Robert Stachler
Dr. Robert Stachler
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Having

Having one side of your throat hurting can be caused by a virus or a bacterial infection.
If it is a virus, then you just need supportive treatment such as drinking more fluids and taking Acetaminophen or ibuprofen. If it is bacterial, it can cause tonsillitis or even (rarely) an abscess in your tonsil. Please be medically evaluated to assess your tonsils for infection. If you develop increased pain, fever, difficulty breathing, or difficulty swallowing liquids then you must be seen as an emergency.

In brief: Having

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine