When will be able to get back to work after the Brazilian butt lift procedure? My job requires me to sit in front of a computer for most of the day. I am afraid if i get a Brazilian butt lift that i will have to miss a lot work. How long will I have to re

Dr. Dennis Dass
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 1-2 weeks

I tell patients to take 1-2 weeks off from work.
You need that much time, before you can be comfortable at work. As far as sittting, ideally you won't put pressure on your buttock for 6 weeks. That doesn't mean that you can't sit, you just have to sit differently. Have your surgeon tell you what he/she likes to do.

In brief: 1-2 weeks

Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Talk to your doctor

Any responsible surgeon will answer these questions before surgery.

In brief: Talk to your doctor

Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 3 Weeks

No sitting (driving, sitting at work, etc.
) for up to 3 weeks is crucial for ensuring fat cell survival following your Brazilian butt lift. You would absolutely need 2 weeks off from work, possible three since you sit in front of a computer - though you could inquire about modification of your work station for the first week back. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

In brief: 3 Weeks

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: A few weeks

The fat has to take and heal.
You should not be sitting on your buttock for a few weeks. Ask your surgeon for a more precise answer.

In brief: A few weeks

The fat has to take and heal.
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Gregory Laurence
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: You

You must commit to "no sitting" for 3 weeks after the procedure.
The reason this is critical: small capillaries form in the new fat, and if they are broken (from the trauma of pressure), then the new fat will die. It takes a commitment, but most patients find a natural buttocks augmentation preferable to sitting on an implanted device, and they find the result to be more artistic and natural.

In brief: You

Dr. Gregory Laurence
Dr. Gregory Laurence