Should i see a doctor about my shin pain? I have been having a pain on the inside of my left shin in about a two inch long area. It starts about two inches above my ankle bone. The pain started about a month ago, and it's gotten progressively worse. I

Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Several Options...

"shin splint" typically refers to pain on the front of the lower leg, .
Pain in this area may come from medial tibial stress syndrome (mtss), stress fractures, or compartment syndrome. Identifying the underlying reason for your pain can then help with a specific plan of care. Treatments usually consist of rest, stretching, ice, massage, or orthotics. (drmarkgalland.Com).

In brief: Several Options...

Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Payam Rafat
Good answer!
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: You

You are most likely right that it is your soccer that is causing the pain.
It could be "shin splints", which is an irritation and pain to the area on the inner portion of the shin, and if it is then you need to rest from your normal activity so that it could heal. Another, more rare possibility is a stress fracture. If the pain persists then please see a physician as you would need to be evaluated for stress fracture.

In brief: You

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery