Arthroscopic right knee, and lateral fibula fracture i fell on my knee at work, i did therapy for 10 weeks and a cortizon shot, didn't work, so i had scop done on my knee 5 weeks later, it lock up and my ankle turned and i fractured it at the tip of the f

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine

In brief: Not sure of question

I would expect about 6 weeks for recovery after a typical arthroscopic procedure.
If you sprained your ankle after that, you most likely wont need ankle surgery. I would try to brace your ankle and consider some rehab ankle reconstructions are not common and usually not necessary.

In brief: Not sure of question

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: You

You could indeed be a candidate for an atfl reconstruction.
This is by far the most common ankle injury and is treated conservatively with bracing, protected ambulation, medications and occasionally therapy after bracing. Outcomes are excellent and I have not had a single patient saying they are sorry they had the procedure. The repair should be reinforced with the extensor retinaculum with a modified brostrom procedure. Best of luck.

In brief: You

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine