I'm 18 years old and have irregular vaginal bleeding and a high white blood cell count. What could this mean? What are the possible things that could be wrong with me?

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: With

With the limited amount of information given, it is very difficult to say if these things are related or not.
Based on the fact that you know that your white blood cell count is high means you have visited a medical professional. Did they give you a possible diagnosis? Perform a pregnancy test? Elevated white blood cell count usually signifies an infectious process that is occurring or has recently recurred and is resolving. High WBC count with irregular vaginal bleeding can mean a vaginal infection, or even a missed miscarriage. I hope you follow up with your doctor for further investigation. A more detailed history, physical, and diagnostic testing should shed some light on your situation, and lead to a diagnosis, and ultimately treatment if indicated. Good luck.

In brief: With

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Pathology

In brief: Need to examine

Agree with Dr. Jackson.
A more detailed history, physical examination and may be more tests would be needed to arrive at a diagnosis.
Have a healthy diet, exercise, drink plenty of water, have safe sex, if you do, and get HPV vaccine, Wish you good health!

In brief: Need to examine

Agree with Dr. Jackson.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey