Will an ENT take my tonsils out? My tonsils have always been about the size of ping-pong balls when i'm not sick, and even larger when I do get sick. They cause me major problems with strept throat and i get awful tonsil stones fairly often, causing horri

Dr. Bradford Patt
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Based

Based on the history you give, you certainly would be a candidate for tonsillectomy by an ENT surgeon.
You should consult a board certified ENT to determine whether tonsillectomy is truly indicated or not based on your current problems and physical exam. I hope this information helps you in your treatment of chronic tonsil problems.

In brief: Based

Dr. Bradford Patt
Dr. Bradford Patt
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: It

It sounds like you've been having trouble with your tonsils for quite a while.
It certainly sounds like a good idea to have an examination with an otolaryngologist to see if you're a good candidate for surgery. You must weight the risks of surgery with the benefits of having them out. An examination will allow your potential surgeon to assess whether tonsillectomy is worthwhile in your specific case.

In brief: It

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. William Forsythe