Could i be pregnant again just after having a baby via c-section i had a baby via c-section 4 months ago my postpartum bleeding lasted for 5 weeks shortly after i got my menstrual cycle since then I have not got my menstrual cycle again and I have been ha

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: There

There is a possibility that you ovulated, and with ovulation, there is a chance for pregnancy.
The only was to be sure is to take a home pregnancy test or have testing done in your doctor's office. The current recommendations for becoming pregnant after a c-section is approximately 18 months. This time allows the uterus to heal and become strong again. If you do get pregnant before that time, then you are at risk for delivering a premature baby or low birth weight baby, or experincing uterine rupture (most commonly after a trial of vaginal delivery). There are other factors involved in this risk (type of c-sec you had, anemia present after first c-sec.) your doctor will be able to give you a more definitive answer about your individual risk based on these things and others. Good luck.

In brief: There

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Jane Van Dis